Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: TMA01 results in (Groups and Geometry).

Tuesday 17 December 2013

TMA01 results in (Groups and Geometry).

I just received back my results today for M336.  I scored 82% on this particular piece, which considering I messed up an entire question, probably was a bit of a let off!

In brief, my geometry scored almost full marks apart from a few accuracy slips.  My group theory was less certain and I got very muddled between a cyclic group and a multiplicative group over the integers.

My tutor was kind enough to remark on some insights that I managed to use, when answering a groups question. I gathered from his comments,  that I answered it in a shorter and more compact way than had been intended by the question author,  taking a shortcut byconverting a group into the kernel of another group, in order to make the result fit the question.

I can't complain.

I have been at work for the last 4 days and have not touched the books.  I have been so tired that I have come home, eaten some supper and then fell into bed, asleep in mid-air.  I have two days off now, so it is full on studying to try and catch up.

I am noticing that I am forgetting a lot of the earlier stuff really quickly, so I need to start some consolidation work, sooner than I expected.  It looks like I may just need to settle for some lower TMA marks, so that I can study and revise the units, without falling behind.


No comments:

Post a Comment