Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: TMA01 Results (Number Theory and Logic)

Saturday 7 December 2013

TMA01 Results (Number Theory and Logic)

Well, I received my results today for my first piece of coursework on this fiendishly difficult mathematics module.

I am pleased to say that I scored 95% for the whole paper.  I managed to pick up 100% of the marks for the NUmber Theory section, but dropped 5 marks on the Logic section.  I was surprised at this, as I felt that I had managed to sort out my URM functions and tables, quite well.  However, my tutor identified that all of my lost marks could have been recovered through some more thorough checking of the programs that I wrote.

I can't really argue with that, although I really did struggle to work out a suitable function that a particular program produced.  Having read the answer, I still can't fathom it!  Oh well.

So, I have been struggling through my second TMA for both Number Theory and Group Theory; but I am about one week behind on the unit books.  It looks like I won't be getting a week of rest at Christmas, at this rate.

I am working solidly, many more hours than I should be; but I am needing to, rather than choosing to, as I don't understand half of the material on the first or even second reading.

To celebrate this small first victory score, I will put down my logic books for today, and head down the pub for a pint of Bishops finger.

Ooo Matron!

2 comments:

  1. Well done with that. I thought that some of the number theory questions were quite difficult and so you deserve to get a medal for your full marks on that part. I got them right too but I still think I made a meal of some of them. Did you check you programs with the URM simulator?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strangely, I did put it through the URM sim, and it came out right. I need to go over the correction that my tutor has made to my program; but I haven't had time to properly review the comments yet. I'll let you know.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete