Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: M208, TMA01 Part 1, Completed.

Tuesday 24 January 2012

M208, TMA01 Part 1, Completed.

Having had a good head start on the study materials of M208, I have now managed to complete the first part of the TMA01.  It comprises of a relatively (deceptively?) straight forward exercise in sketching graphs.

This TMA covers the first intro book, and with the Unit book exercises possibly being more complex than what was required for the TMA, it hasn't quite scared me off from M208, just yet.

This is both good and bad.  Good, because it is a bit of a confidence booster, before heading into group theory.  Bad, because it only scratches the surface of some of the more complex graph sketching (combination and hyperbolic functions: I'm looking at you!), that is contained within the first unit.

I am not complaining though.  After a week of struggling with equivalence classes, it made a change to actually have a vague idea of what I am doing.

All that it about to change, as part 2 of TMA01, hits all the difficult bits of the intro units.  I plan to start that TMA, tomorrow.  I am not sending my first TMA off to my tutor, just yet.  I plan to attend the day school which is themed (graph sketching); as I don't want to drop any clangers.

From bitter experience, I know that tutors have their own styles of marking and their own vision of what they like to see, in each TMA.  Once I get a feel for what my tutor wants in each TMA; I'll check that my first effort ticks all those boxes, before sending it in (about the 5th Feb should do it).

No comments:

Post a Comment