Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: Dicta-phones and highlighter pens!

Monday 24 October 2011

Dicta-phones and highlighter pens!

I'm currently in bed sick, after 5 days of glandular fever, which is not pleasant.  As such, I have only managed a few hours of study this week and I have concentrated further on honing my study method, rather than worrying about what to study.

Last week I decided to ditch the idea of recording study material and then playing it back to myself.  However, I have further expanded that idea and this week I have used the dicta-phone again, but I have recorded short questions, based on the material, followed by a recorded answer.

I have found that listening to the question, retrieving the information, and then answering the question, has been a useful memory tool.  It has allowed me to effectively learn some of the 'filler' material in a unit, that isn't necessarily directly tested by doing practise exercises, yet is important to know.

I have also used the highlighter to clearly define what I need to remember, and then strictly, only re-read the highlighted areas, when I have revised the unit.  This seems to be working well and is cutting down revision times.

Anyway, I'm too sick to do much else this week.  Hopefully I'll be better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment