Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: TMA03, Away...

Tuesday 22 May 2012

TMA03, Away...

Finally, after an extremely difficult week, I have managed to get TMA03 finished and in the post.  It was a little late, with a 3 day extension, but I am glad to say that I was able to finish late on Friday, post it Monday morning and make headway with the new shining, wonderful, solid and oh so delicious, Analysis Units for M208.

I don't know why, but I love Analysis.  Having said that, I have already pre-studied Brannan's, 'A First Course In Analysis', which the O.U Analysis Units, are broadly based on.  I found it exciting and elegant.  Much better than Group Theory at the beginning of the year (I still have nightmares).

I have also taken some good advice from my friend Chris, who suggested that I print off the audio transcripts for the course, rather than go through the pain of listening to some stranger, attempting to lead me through the material.  It's working well, so far, as I have nearly finished Unit AA1 and will start AA2 on Thursday.

Anyway, I sort of have some bad news that could also be slightly fortunate, in a strange way.  I am just about to go under the knife, for a herniated spinal disc.  Bottom line?  I will be off work for at least 2 months.  What's good about that?  I'll have about 12hrs a day to read mathematics, finish off Tolstoy's War and Peace, get my Rubik cube times down; and last but not least, catch up on some exciting enrichment material in Calculus (Spivak).

Summer, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment