Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: M208 Exam Result

Tuesday 27 November 2012

M208 Exam Result

I am thrilled to say that I managed to pass the Open University's offering in Pure Mathematics, M208.

The email came today, stating that the results were in; and, after plucking up the courage an hour later, I checked my result.

Well, I managed to achieve a Distinction with 92% of the available marks, which has left me amazed, since I am sure I counted up at least 10 marks of 'known' errors in my exam script.

So, it just goes to show, that post-exam memory cannot be relied upon, as an accurate assessment of performance.

So, once I have soaked the news up, I will begin to plan with a little more security, the rest of my studies.

I am sticking with Quantum mechanics and Electromagnetism in February;  but I am now one step closer towards my wife supporting my MSc studies at a brick University, in October 2013.


5 comments:

  1. Well done!! Brilliant result! Have a beer :-) The force is obviously with you.

    Duncan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The force is strong!
    Very well done!
    arb
    nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done mate a real achievement. Good luck with quantum mechancs and electromagnetism next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent result mate - very well done. :-)

    ReplyDelete