Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: Time Dilation

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Time Dilation

A quick update.  Due to some horrible time constraints caused by work; I have had to ditch S383 and just study S382 until October.

It's one of those risks that you tend to run, as a full time employee and a part-time student.  It is a transient situation, which I hope will be sorted out before October comes, as I am planning in two modules then.

I decided to stick with the Astrophysics over the Cosmology, simply because it appears to me, to hold the best hope of obtaining a grade 1 pass overall.  Also, it looks so damn interesting!

The only way that I could have held on to two modules this summer, would have been for me to find a way to make the rest of the world move at a velocity that was near to the speed of light, relative to my house.  I might then have stood a chance of finding the time.

If anyone reading this, doesn't understand the last paragraph; I now have a book for sale, that will bring you right up to speed.

4 comments:

  1. Ah thats a shame but you are probably wise from what I can gather the project in S382 is pretty time consuming. Glad you are finding it interesting. The time will whizz by anyway not time dilation but time acceleration

    All the Best Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is really inspirational for me. I'm 27 and studying maths and science gcse. I'm aiming for a degree in electrical engineering, I'll have a better idea of what I want to study at uni after A levels :-)

    Random question, but howcome LOTR and Star Wars aren't in your fave films list?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on Daniel the force needs you been missing your blogs hope all is well Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chris, hiatus over.

    Anon, Lord of the rings. The films are too long. HOwever, I recently saw the Hobbit in High Fram Rate and 3D. I liked the format, but can see that the HFR will only probably suit very fast action films as the hyper realism didn't really suit the normal dialogue scenes. I don't quite know how they are going to stirng the Hobbit out, over several films. It seemed that the first film was: meet hobbits; they get drunk; have a wonder around middle earth; end.

    Star Wars is good, but I don't like the way that the original three films has become six, and then to be nine? Lucas films and Disney must be lighting their cigars with $100 bills, after the cash they have squeezed out of the franchise.

    I like nostalgic films from the 80's, mainly.

    Wargames, Back-to-the-future, etc. Awful, but great to watch on a rainy Sunday afternoon with a flagon of porter, but even Back-to-the-future was ruined by two awful sequels.

    ReplyDelete