Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: Physics and Maths, Studied this Week.

Sunday 29 May 2011

Physics and Maths, Studied this Week.

Another week of studying complete, and I just absolutely love my current course, MST121, Using Mathematics, with the Open University.

I am deep into calculus, which just seems to be such a beautiful part of mathematics.  It is elegant and so very useful.  I am very tempted to take the OU, MSc in Maths, just so I can study one of their very advanced calculus methods courses.  I'll have to see how that fits in with my overall plan to finally study a PhD in Mathematical Physics or a related subject.

So here is what I have studied this week:


MST121


Revision of Product rule, Quotient rule, Composite rule
Revision of advanced derivations

Basic Integration
Integration by inspection
Further integration: Using algebraic manipulation and the composite rule


General maths exam practise


Sequences
Lines and Circles
Functions
Modelling with Sequences
Modelling with Vectors


Coursework completion


Questions 1 and 2 of TMA03, draft completed.


S197: How the Universe Works


Questions 1,2,3,4,5,6 of Final End of Module Assessment


Further Reading




Well, a very busy week completed and I am well into my stride now.  Although I don't have an exam this year, for MST121, I am still revising the course, as if there was to be an exam in October.  The reason for this, is simply one of practise. From January 2012, I am studying MST209, a more advanced course in mathematical physics and modelling, which is the same length as MST121, but has twice the study material and also a 3hr exam, at the end of it.  So, I am treating MST121 as a mock version, to prepare for next year's course.


Total time spent studying this week:  20hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment