Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: M208. Mindmap complete; ready to go.

Saturday 31 December 2011

M208. Mindmap complete; ready to go.

Happy new year to all.

Having now done all the pre-study that I needed to,  I have now prepared a detailed mind-map of the entire M208 course, drilled down to the section level, using my Mindgenius software.  I plan to use this map, to hang off all the study material and study periods, as they happen.  The software allows me to convert the map into a Gantt chart, to keep track of critical path items of study such as TMA's and important topics, so that I don't get side-tracked, if short of time.

I have also exported it to a word file which is now plastered all over my office walls.  As each section is studied, I plan to measure how many study passes each section has had, noting any difficulties and also counting the repetitions of example questions attempted.

I  have also created a 'proofs book', a rather nice handmade 'Moleskine' A5 journal, in which I plan to write down all of the proofs that I now encounter, from M208 and beyond.  I hope to make this book a permanent feature of my coat pocket; browsing through it, in all of those moments of waiting that life creates, such as in queue's for buses and the like.

I am very excited and have made a pact with myself to commit 100% of my spare-time, to learning the contents of M208 this year.  I have used this approach before, when studying for professional exams, years ago; so it is a well trodden path, that I hope will not have too many pot-holes in it! (wife allowing)

So, again, happy new year to all.  The first big step on my quest for mathematical maturity, begins today.

1 comment: