Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: The Calm Before the Storm

Monday 12 December 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

I am having a little rest from study and posting for part of this month, until my M208 study books arrive, signalling what will be a heavy and pre-longed period of chaos!  Not only will it be full steam ahead for M208 between the end of December 2011 until the exam in mid October 2012; but I will then start Complex analysis and also Number Theory and Logic, just before the final exam for M208.

Once those courses are complete, that will have been a full-on 19 months of study without any break.  Ouch!

So, I am taking this brief lull in my preparation, to prepare for a traditional family holiday at home.  I may even partake in a few bottles of Bishop's Finger and the odd mince pie.  Yum.

3 comments:

  1. I think I read, on one of the OU forums, that the October starts for 2012 will be delayed until after the exams for the February modules.
    The April and June exam dates for next year have already been announced but not the October ones.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're a little bit earlier in 2012 to facilitate the changeover from February to October kick-offs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the calm before the storm also refer to the storm that ensues during the Christmas Festivities as well :)

    ReplyDelete