Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: TMA07 Passed; Revision in Full Swing!

Sunday 30 September 2012

TMA07 Passed; Revision in Full Swing!

Okay, so I thought that I had bombed TMA07, simply because I had decided to spend the time messing around with revision rather than trying to get a distinction mark on this TMA.  I was amazed to see that I scrapped a distinction with 87%.  Interestingly, yet again, I rushed through a TMA to find that despite spending about 40% less time completing it, I only dropped about 6% from my average marks.

Food for thought there, when it comes to next year's study schedule.

So, onwards, and upwards.  I have taken a few days off work, and really got stuck in to some past paper revision.  I have kept it simple and tackled questions in an exam style, under the clock.  I have then marked the results and spent the second half of the revision period checking where I went wrong; then making some notes in my handbook, of important stuff to remember.

It seems to be working well so far.  I started off with about 70% correct answers and I have moved that up to 78%, this week.

Having said that, I have only really been tackling the part one questions at this time.  I plan to begin introducing some part 2 next week and I will then make some additional notes in the handbook, to help me structure my answers.

There are some big gaps in my knowledge; for example, I skimmed through Analysis B, so my Integration needs some serious extra study, to be up to speed.

My goal is simple.

All I want, is to be able to walk out of that exam room, feeling that I couldn't have performed any better.

If I then get a disappointing result?

Eh bien...c'est la vie.



2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I found your blog while looking for MST209 materials!
    I singed up for MST326, and need to revise the MST209 material!
    I finished MST121 4 years ago! and now I think i am ready for some math again!
    Can u help me obtain the MST209 books? or let me know where to look?
    With the kindest regards,
    LOve your blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi fuory (and sorry for hijacking this post daniel) The best / cheapest place to get copies of the MST209 material is from University book search

    http://www.universitybooksearch.co.uk/

    But you might have to wait. There is some stuff on Open learn

    http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/course/enrol.php?id=2592

    I'l be doing MST326 once my exams are over so see you there

    Best wishes Chris


    ReplyDelete