Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: Exam time

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Exam time

Well, here we are at last; 24hrs before the start of my M208 exam.  I just thought I would jot down a few things.

How do I feel?  Suprisingly calm. No butterflies, no last minute panic. Revision has been steady at average of 4hrs per day for the last 3 weeks. I have done each past paper many times and I am now happy that bar any catastrophic meltdown, that I should finish the paper on time.

I have worked out, that I am much better at Group Theory A, Analysis A, Group Theory B. I can manage most part 1 type questions although I do tend to make simple arithmetic all errors, which can throw things a little.

The part that I seem to struggle with the most, is some of Analysis B, which is the integrations stuff. Yet I am happy with tackling the power series topics and the Differentiation bits as well.

I am still quite unsure about a lot of the later Linear algebra stuff, under exam conditions, but I have annotated the odd example, to help me through the process.

I intend to blog about the exam itself and then will hopefully look to finalise my next 2yrs of study. As has become a bit of a tradition for me, I like to use the lead up to Christmas to get my results, review the year and then chop or change my next modules, as best I can

I am currently booked in to study Quantum Mechanics and Electromagnetism from February.

I think that if I can achieve a grade 2 pass for M208, then I will stick to that plan.

If I bomb tomorrow's exam?

Well, I see that my local community college does woodworking classes on a Tuesday night... I'll get my chisels.

No comments:

Post a Comment