Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: M208 Post-Exam Review

Wednesday 17 October 2012

M208 Post-Exam Review

I am exhausted!

I took the M208 exam today and I shall quickly make a few comments about how it went.

Firstly, I feel happy, simply because I don't think that I could have revised any more than I did, and I feel like I gave each question 100% effort, during the short time that I was in that room.

So the results, will not be able to upset me, if they turn out to be poor.

The part 2 questions that I chose were from Groups A , which ended up being quite a bit of writing.  The second one I chose was the Analysis A question.

I only glanced at the other three part 2 questions, so I don't know much about them; other than, they looked very tricky.

I know I made some errors, so I have no idea what score to expect.  If all the things that could have gone wrong, went wrong; then it could be dire.  On the other hand, if I was lucky and didn't make too many accuracy errors in the questions, then no score is off the cards.

I just simply and genuinely have no idea how it has gone.  Results are out in December.


8 comments:

  1. Yes the time just evaporates anyway fingers crossed it looks like you've done enough for a good grade

    Well done mate have a few beers on me

    All the best Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jedi,

    Yeah, it doesn't sound like you've got anything to worry about. Good work.

    I think I did the same Part 2 choices as you, back when I took M208. I definitely remember going straight for the groups one (our year, it was way the easy option.)

    Onwards and upwards!

    Neil H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, that exam is a killer. There's so much to revise and so little time. If you managed all the questions you were doing very well. Good luck for the result!
    arb
    nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. You did the same part 2 questions as me, it seems. On reflection I might have tried the Riemmann integral at the end, if I had been braver. Good luck with your future studies.

    Duncan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a current OU student myself.

    Many years ago (I'm 44 now) I wanted to study Theoretical or Mathematical Physics at University and specialse in Cosmology. But mental illness destroyed that dream - or so I thought.

    I've just finished MT365 (I think I passed, but I did mess up the exam). I've also passed MST121, MS221, MST207, M203, M337, S103, MST322 and MS324.
    Now I've signed up for M820!

    Good luck.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    If you have time could you let me know what did you say for Q 10, the orbits question.
    Just curious to know! This was the only question I really was unsure of .

    Thank you,
    Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I struggled with q10. I thought the orbits were horizontal lines excluding the x axis which was made up of individual points I have no idea if that is correct. If anyone knows the correct answer, please let me know

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Q 10 The orbits consist of the horizontal lines y = a, for each a which does not equal 0; and single points on the x-axis.

    ReplyDelete