Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: Physics and Maths, Studied this Week.

Thursday 10 March 2011

Physics and Maths, Studied this Week.

This week has been tough.  My cold is now a fully blown chest infection and it has been difficult to concentrate.  However, it has been a useful testing ground, to see if I can maintain quality work production, even when struggling with illness.

As part of the learning process, as I progress via distance learning; I am always looking for ways to test my resolve.  I need to know, that when I study at much harder levels or at much larger volumes; that I can cope if life throws an illness or personal problem, at me.

When ill, I actually try to push myself even harder, to test the edges of what is possible, what the limits are and what is my maximum capacity for work. (no pun intended, by using the words, 'limits' and 'maximum'!)

So, here is this week's completed study:

Open University MST121


Modelling with sequences
Constructing a model
Sums
The Exponential Model
The Logistical Model
Sequences and Limits

Matrices Intro videos
Addition and multiplication of Matrices

Vectors (geometric form)
Vectors (component form)


Completion and submission of TMA1 Part 2


The Teaching Company lectures. Calculus


Extrema on an Interval
Increasing and Decreasing Functions
Concavity and Points of Inflection

The Teaching Company lectures, Cosmology


The Cosmic Microwave Background


S196 O.U Course, Planets


Venus

Total study time:  16hrs
--------------------------------

I haven't completed any other outside work this week, due to my illness and lots of sleeping in between work and study.  However, I have done some internet surfing, continuing to refine my possible future study modules and courses, in my attempt to become a Theoretical Physicist.

I have been looking, in some depth, at the research degrees offered by the O.U.  In particular, I notice that they run Ph.D's in mathematical physics, such as quantum theory.  Sounds right up my street, so I'll keep researching the options and will update my plans, as I elucidate them, in my own mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment