Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: Physics and Maths, Studied this Week.

Friday 8 April 2011

Physics and Maths, Studied this Week.

Another week done and I am slowly working back up to full speed.  At the end of May, there is a substantial piece of coursework due, for MST121 and also an extensive marked assignment for my course S196, Planets, An Introduction.

So most of my study, has been around answering the questions on those papers.  Once those are out of the way, I then have 8 weeks of Calculus, as part of MST121.  I can't wait and this is the part of the whole course, that I am looking forward to.

At the end of MST121, there is a section on probability.  I initially thought that perhaps that particular subject, wouldn't hold much interest for me.  However, I have been looking into Quantum Mechanics this week and, in particular De Broglie Probability Waves.  It is an elegant and facinating topic, which introduces the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal.  Key to both areas of study, are the maths of probability and also wave functions.  This has whetted my appetite and is another motivator, for studying those topics at the end of this year.

Anyway, here is my study list for the week just gone.  I have concentrated on my core work this week, so that I can ensure a good pass, on both pieces of coursework.  Total study time = 8hrs

MST121


Questions one and two from TMA02

Sequences and limits - Reciprocal and constant rules.
Sigma notation
Vectors - converting from component to geometric and back.

S196


Earth
Moon
Jupiter

Questions 5-10 of Final assessment coursework, answered.

Another week done.  This week I will hopefully complete the bulk of the coursework and then start to reintroduce some video lectures on Calculus, Cosmology and some Stanford University lectures on Quantum mechanics.

No comments:

Post a Comment