Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: MST121, TMA03 Finished

Friday 24 June 2011

MST121, TMA03 Finished

Thank goodness for that!  I have finished the TMA03 final draft and, apart from a last minute light touch review, it is ready for the postman.  I'll probably send it on Monday, which will be 10 days before it is due in.  I really enjoyed the challenge of completing some marked Integration and differential equation solving.  I have just also purchased a new 'The Teaching Company' set of video lectures entitled:  Mastering Differential Equations: A visual Approach.  The calculus lectures by Prof. Bruce Edwards, have been so useful, that I just couldn't resist the further calculus set.  Also, they are 20% off in the sale.

I can now start to concentrate on the final TMA04 and other last bits of coursework.  I also have the final marked assignment to complete for ' How the Universe Works' S197, another of my physics modules, with the O.U.

Well, I'm off out tonight, to celebrate.  A nice olde worlde country pub beckons; along with several pints of Bishops-Finger.  Ooh matron!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work 'Jedi'

    It looks like we've got some more courses in common, as the first three I did were the short courses, S194, S196 and S197. I liked S197 the best, and was quite impressed with how technical it got for a level one 10 pointer. Although it seemed some people on the forum were having a lot of trouble. Alas, S196 was my least favourite course. First of all, I didn't get along with the way the textbook was written (now read Chapter 2 and don't forget to use your highlighter!), and more importantly, I prefer to actually 'do' science, to calculate using equations et cetera, rather than learning endless facts about planet formation. Probably helped set my mind on switching to maths. Anyway, I hope your S197 assessment goes as well. And the MST121 calculus assignment.

    Have a nice night!
    Neil H

    PS. I'd love to do that Observing the Universe course, but unless things change by then, I doubt I'd be able to justify it to myself in terms of cost. Who knows though, a lot can change in two years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Neil. It is nice to know that someone else has the same comments to make about S196. It reminds me of the time that my school music block once burnt down; and we were made to spend the whole year copying out the lyrics of the Phantom of the Opera, due to the lack of un-burnt instruments being available! A whole lot of copying, and zero learning; much like S196.

    Thank goodness the O.U maths courses are so good.

    ReplyDelete