Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: CMA41 Result

Friday 2 September 2011

CMA41 Result

I have received my MST121 Open University CMA41 result back, today.  I scored 88%, which considering that I rushed through it because it was all about statistics (I hate statistics); then I am more than happy with that result.  It is still in the pass 1 realms (85%+), which is where I need it to be.

When you actually add up all the stats work of MST121 including CMA41, part of TMA04 and part of CMA42; then it actually accounts for a large proportion of this course.  A lot more than I imagined.

It still doesn't detract from my enjoyment of MST121, so far.  Once I have completed TMA04 and CMA51 (very soon), then I will provide a critical evaluation of the entire course and some thoughts on how it sets one up, for further mathematics at University.

1 comment:

  1. It's very easy to drop marks on computer assignments. I did myself. I really don't like multiple choice questions and wonder why they have any place in assessment of mathematical ability. How can an examiner distinguish between someone who just gets lucky and someone who got the wrong answer because of a wrong sigh or a factor of pi. Anyway well done.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete