Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: M208, TMA02, Passed!

Saturday 14 April 2012

M208, TMA02, Passed!

I received my results back today, for TMA02 of the Open University course M208, Pure Mathematics.  I received the results via text, from my wife, who kindly opened the envelope for me, whilst I was Aston University for the O.U day school.

Well, the score was 99%, which I am deeply thrilled about, especially as I really did not fall in love with Group Theory, and it was a real test of my 'metal', in completing the TMA.

The mark that I dropped was for forgetting to mention that a group operation  x o y = e  was also true for
y o x = e.  Silly mistake, but an important lesson learned; so no hard feelings.

So far, so good.  I now have a 100% and a 99% from the first two TMA's, which should buffer me against any difficulties that are likely to occur in Analysis B or Group Theory B, which are looming large.

So now, as appears to be turning into a bit of a tradition, I am off to partake in a bottle of Bishops Finger or two; before carrying on with Vector Spaces, tomorrow.


1 comment: