Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: Book of the month

Thursday 10 February 2011

Book of the month

I think i'll start posting which 'other' books I am reading each month.  These are part of my plan to try and get my head around some of the framework that modern maths and physics are based.  For example, I know that many people say that quantum mechanics is a very difficult subject to comprehend.  So, if you have difficulties with the ideas; then I would imagine that trying to apply complex higher maths, to describe problems that you don't really understand to begin with, would be an almost impossible task.

My hope, is that if I apply the 'Zulu Principle' i.e., read deeply about my chosen subject, both popular books and technical texts; then I may just be able to beat the odds and transform myself from layman, to  theoretical physicist, in a very short amount of time.

Okay, so my first book this month is called 'How to Teach your Dog Quantum Physics' by Chad Orzel.  It is a popular book explaining the weird bits of quantum theory.  I'll read it this month and then give a review on it.

PS: I don't plan on making any money off links from my blog.  They are just there to allow you to check these things out, for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment