Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: Calculus made Easy

Sunday 13 February 2011

Calculus made Easy

I have just found an excellent Calculus book, that seems to supplement nicely, the Teaching Company videos and my MST121 course materials.

It introduces the basics, in plain language and it isn't 1000+ pages of ultra-complicated examples.  Because of this simple and unsullied treatment of the subject; it somehow seems less scary; and I feel that I may just have a chance of mastering the subject one day, if I can keep finding study resources such as this type of book.

It also has a chapter of 'just for fun' applied calculus problems in the back of the book, that are real mind benders!

The book is:
Calculus Made Easy by Silvanus P.Thompson and Martin Gardner.

Again, I don't make money from links, so take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment