Powered by MathJax From GCSE Maths, to Rocket Scientist...: Stanford University On-line Physics Lectures

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Stanford University On-line Physics Lectures

I will be building up further supplementary learning material, in my quest to go from GCSE Maths, to Ph.D in Theoretical Physics.

I have reviewed some of the You Tube videos that are available; and I have found an excellent selection of basic 1st year Undergraduate video lectures by Prof Leonard Susskind, Stanford University.

There are approximately 60hrs of physics lectures and also maths lectures, that are available.  I will start on the Classical Mechanics lectures which are all between 47 mins to 120 mins long and are progressive in nature.  There are 9 of these available and I plan to start by watching one of these a month, until November 2011.

Prof Susskind is an interesting character to watch and he takes his time explaining each concept, without covering himself in too much chalk dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment